Sunday, November 9, 2008

Scary Moment!!!

So friday as I was getting ready for my big date with my hubby, and  I hear Blake start to cough and than gag I ran to see what was going on and he was choking he couldn't breath.... All I can say is thank goodness I had my first Aid!!! I tried the hymlick (yeah don't know how to spell.) maneuver and nothing happened, what ever he swallowed was not budging I tried it over and over again and finally TWO pennies came out!!!  


You just really never know when your life can get turned up side down!!!!
And all I can say is I'm so grateful for my boys. And for my instincts I'm sure if I even for a second faltered everything could have changed.

So for all of you mom's out there it's so worth getting your First Aid!!! It really can save someone you love!!!

6 comments:

Lynette said...

Wow that IS scary!!! I am soo glad you were able to help him! Moments like that are super duper scary!!!

MaRea Hess said...

those are the moments that your heart stops for a few seconds. You are so lucky that you were able to get them out, good job. Kade was choking on a nut in Hawaii a few months back, we tried and tried to get it out he started to go blue then we got in the car to go to the ER, well on the way my mom put her hand down his throat and it came out. So scary, it's true our worlds came be turned up side down in a moment. Good to hear that he is ok!!

kelseyp said...

that is so scary! i really need to go get my first aid. i know what you mean about your heart stopping though.. the other day a dresser fell over and just barely missed sophie. it really puts everything into perspective! anyway i am so happy that he is okay and that you knew how to save his life.

JWalburger said...

Glad he is alright! Knowledge is a powerful thing!!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Blake is okay!It's interesting when you're a mom, because my heart just stopped as I read your post. Very scary circumstances for both of you. Thank goodness your instincts kicked in. I agree, having first aid training is very important. Ross and I need a refresher course, since it's been a lot of years since we had took our training.

Little Tiddy Family said...

Ang, that so crazy!! Im so glad things turned out ok !!! I cant even think how I would feel !!!